What is Knee Decompression Therapy?
Knee Decompression Therapy is a gentle, non-invasive treatment option to help alleviate pain and discomfort in your knee. We use a unique machine called Knee on Trac™ which uses gentle pressure to separate the joint space between the bones in your knee. Decompressing this area promotes natural healing and releases the pressure off your joints, sometimes even re-establishing part of the cushioning and joint space in the knee.
Knee Decompression treatment can help you resolve knee pain and discomfort from a number of conditions including:
- Knee joint degeneration: This is when the knee joint starts to wear down over time.
- Arthritis: This is inflammation of one or more joints that causes pain and discomfort.
- Meniscus tears: This is where one of the semicircular pieces of cartilage between the femur and tibia has been torn in some way.
- Lingering sprains/strains: Any sprain or strains to your knee that fail to heal properly over time.
How Does Knee on Trac™ Therapy Work?
The Knee on Trac™ chair straps to the top and bottom part of your leg and slowly and gently pulls to create minor spacing in your knee joints. This is generally a gentle and non-painful treatment that takes roughly 5 – 10 minutes. While the machine is creating that space, nutrient-rich fluids from your body fill the area which stimulates blood flow and promotes natural healing.
Most patients start getting relief in just a few treatments. Typically, Knee Decompression will be combined with other Chiropractic treatments to help you achieve optimal health in your knees, hips, and spine. Depending on your health history, we’ll work with you to build the right frequency and treatment plan to get your knee feeling great again.
Benefits of Knee Decompression
The benefits of knee decompression are vast. Some of the most notable benefits include:
- Relief from chronic or acute knee pain
- Decreased swelling in the knee joint
- Reduced pressure on your nerves
- Significantly reduced pain and discomfort
- Increase knee mobility, function, and range of motion
- Knee cartilage repair
The best part is, this is a gentle non-invasive treatment option for knee problems. That means you can resolve knee issues without invasive surgeries or taking addictive pain medications. Sometimes, patients with severe knee issues will feel some soreness after the first few treatments, but it’s typically pretty mild.
Chiropractic care, like knee decompression, enables your body to heal naturally, so you can get back to living a pain-free life.
Chiropractic Care for Knee Pain in Plano
If you’re struggling with knee pain, Knee Decompression Therapy can help. Our Chiropractic team in Plano can get you started on your path to recovery. Avoid unnecessary surgeries and try our Knee on Trac™ program.
Book your appointment to get started with care today!